Caregiver burnout can be truly detrimental to your health and well-being, as well as the quality of care that you give to your aging parent throughout your care journey with them. This exhaustion can put you in a position of no longer caring about what is going on around you, not having the motivation to fulfill any of the tasks that you need to, and even feel angry and resentful toward your aging parent. If you are dealing with this burnout, or are approaching it, it is important that you take steps to help you handle it so that you can recover and get back to being in the position of being the best quality caregiver for your parent, while also protecting your own health and well-being.
One of the most beneficial decisions that you can make during this time is to start elder care for your parent.
Having an elderly home care services provider involved in your parent’s care routine can be exceptionally beneficial to both of you, ensuring that your parent’s care needs are met and giving you the opportunity to recover and heal.
Some of the ways that elder care can help you when you are dealing with caregiver burnout include:
- Stepping in to handle care tasks that are emotionally or physically difficult for you and that cause excess stress.
- Giving you more time to focus on yourself and your healing while knowing that your parent is being well cared-for.
- Taking on tasks for your parent so that you have time to focus on your children, your partner, and other needs in your life so that you do not feel as much stress in these areas.
- Enabling you to make the most of the time and effort that you are able to focus on your parent.
- Giving you the time to restore your health and refocus so that you can heal and get out of burnout.
- Boosting your sense of hope by showing you that you are not alone and that there is support out there to help you ensure that your parent’s needs are met without sacrificing your own well-being and future.
If you have been looking for ways to enhance your aging parent’s quality of life and ensure that they get all of the care, support, assistance, and encouragement that they need throughout their later years, now may be the ideal time for you to consider starting elder care for them. An elderly home care services provider can be with your parent on a customized schedule to ensure that they are with them as much as they need to be, while also keeping you at the forefront of their care routine. Through a set of highly personalized services your parent can maintain a high level of physical activity, engage with the world around them, keep their mind active, and support as much independence as possible as they age in place. As their family caregiver this can give you tremendous peace of mind knowing that even when you are not able to be with your parent, they are still in good hands.
If you or an aging loved one are considering hiring elder care in Cranford, NJ, call the caring staff at Helping Hands Home Care today at 908-418-4299. Providing Home Care Services in all of Northern and Central NJ, including Clark, Westfield, Cranford, Scotch Plains, Rahway, Linden, Summit, Edison, Elizabeth, Mountainside and the surrounding areas.
After graduating from Seton Hall University with a BS in finance Helping Hands Homecare’s Owner / President, Robert D’Arienzo, went to work on Wall St. for six years. However, after Robert’s grandmother became ill with stomach cancer Robert and his family needed to find assistance in the home for her. After many trials and tribulations Robert could see that there was a great need for quality home care services here in NJ and loved the idea of being able to assist other families who were going through what his family went through with his beloved grandmother.
Thus, Robert had found his passion. After almost a year of preparation Robert opened Helping Hands Homecare in 2003. Robert wanted Helping Hands Homecare to focus on providing the highest quality of caregivers, exceptional customer service, and providing a service that familys could depend on in their time of need. Since then Helping Hands has assisted hundreds of individuals with the simplest of needs to more complex cases while preserving those standards set out many years ago.
Robert is a Google Verified Author
Latest posts by Robert D'Arienzo (see all)
- Is Time Management a Problem for You as a Caregiver? - February 22, 2018
- What Practical Changes Can You Make to Help Prevent an Injury for Your Senior? - February 15, 2018
- Study Finds U.S. is Behind Other Countries on Caring for the Elderly - February 8, 2018